Who is a counselee?
A counselee is a person who asked for counseling and is going through psychotherapy.
How is counseling conducted?
- Counseling will be performed through conversations between the counselor and the counselee.
- Counseling is an approach meant to solve the problem (symptom) of the counselee.
Counseling is usually short term. Since counseling is focused on behavior correction, most methods are directive.
The contents of counseling are as follows
Depression, anxiety, anger control, fear, sense of guilt/shame, self-understanding(psychological diagnosis), sorrow for loss(breakups, separation by death), career, low self-esteem, compulsion, sleeping disorder, appetite problem, relationship problems (peer, family, superiority, love-related problem life), addiction problems, character disorders, study slumps, attachment disorder, gender identity disorder, excessive worries, doubts about life, etc.
Who is a counselor?
A person who provides counseling and an expert who gives help with the counselee’s symptoms(such as depression, anxiety, anger control, phobia, shame/guilt, addiction, career, relationships, etc.). Thecounselor has a therapeutic relationship with the counselee and shares the client’s suffering for the positive change and growth of the counselee.
Counseling/Psychotherapy Time (About 50 minutes)
- In order to receive counseling/psychotherapy, the counselee must call the counselor and book the first appointment.
- After the first appointment, the counselee should discuss next appointment with the counselor each time.
- If the client wishes to change or cancel the appointment, the counselee should discuss the time change (at least 24 hours in advance) with the counselor/psychotherapist in order to avoid inconveniencing other counselees.
Without consent, no information can be released about the counselee (including the immediate family). All conversations in the counseling office are confidential.
- Counseling Center of Partner Institution
- For students’ convenience, they can directly make an appointment with specialized counseling agencies without administrative procedures of UST.
- Student can get professional help online or by visiting either counseling centers in Deajeon or Seoul area.